What does this mission and vision look like?
Everyone has values. Every group has values, whether written or unwritten. When you encounter New Ground Church, you'll find these 5 values our priority on what it looks like to live the good news of Jesus 7-Days-A-Week.
1. Authentic Community: Authenticity allows you to come as you are, flaws and all. It also demands a willingness to be transformed. We do this through deep relationships anchored in becoming more like Jesus as we live out the Greatest Commandment, loving God and loving neighbor. (Matt. 22:36-40, Acts 2:42-47)
2. Curious Together: We are a safe space for the curious, no matter where you are at on your faith journey. Faith and doubt are not competitors, but dancing partners. We value all questions recognizing engaging those questions is pursuing the Truth, who is Jesus Christ. (John 14:6, 20:19-28)
3. Scripture-Focused: We strive to understand the messages the first listeners of the Bible would have understood, and build bridges on how those stories still ring true today. The Story of Scripture forms us to live out the Good News of Jesus. (2 Tim. 3:10-17)
4. Prayer-Filled: Prayer is a posture of listening to how God is already working in our midst. Not only do we offer regular petitions to God, but we are shaped by listening to His voice in every circumstance, thought, and action. (1 Thess. 5:16-18)
5. Generous Hospitality: The first church was well-known for its radical welcome. We believe followers of Jesus should embody what it looks like to help others feel welcome to God, as He has to all of us. (Heb. 13:1-3; Luke 9:1-6; 10-17; Col. 4:2-6)