"Living the Good News of Jesus 7 Days-A-Week."
We have an ever-evolving series of partnerships as we continue to live out the Good News of Jesus Christ wherever we are with the gifts God has given our community. We define Outreach/Mission as proclaiming Christ’s gospel in word and action, serving peoples’ needs outside of our church community.
We believe we need to be a blessing to the local community we find ourselves in, and we do that through long-term, mutual, and intentional relationships with the resources God has given us at New Ground Church.
Values that reflect this type of mission include:
- Community Relationships– Leadership is formed by partnering with local and global communities, not at them for our own benefit.
- Posture of Empowerment– Posture and actions of empowering others to live out the gospel in their communities, both locally and globally.
- “Hand up” vs “Hand out”– A “Hand Up” not “Hand Out” approach. This is only done in mutual long-term relationships.
We use these questions to help guide our decisions on how God is calling New Ground uniquely into mission:
- Is this mutual? Is it partnering with others outside of the church community (like our Table-to-Table strategy suggests)? Or is it self-serving?
- Is this long-term? Is this relationship a one-time event? Or is there a conversation on continuing this relationship?
- Is this connected to someone in the local church community? Providing additional benefits of long-term, mutual connections.
- Is this embodying and proclaiming Christ’s Good News (The Gospel)?
- Is this empowering others to lead in their communities?
- Is this lifting the welfare of the community?
- Does this promote relationship building between our church and the community?
- Is there a path to a “hand up?”
A FREE Community event for the whole family! Games, Prizes, animals, candy, and much more!
This is the "DNA" of New Ground Church. Our posture on how we embody our mission to see the vision.