September 12 is New Ground Church’s Fall Kick-off! We’ll launch expanded Sunday morning children’s ministries for infants through 4th grade and Sunday evening youth group for 5th -12th graders. We’re excited for all that God is doing among our youth!
However, we recognize the reality of the continued spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant in our community. New Ground Church will continue to take the following steps to keep our facilities as safe as we can for visitors.
– Temperature checks of all children and adults servicing in youth or children’s ministries.
– Continued sanitizing practices as per our Safe Start Plan
– Collecting of attendance information for contact tracing
– Indoor room capacities listed on all classrooms and observed
– Masking policy for children, youth, and volunteers listed below:
In an effort to ensure our ministry is as welcoming as possible to all families, New Ground Church’s Consistory also developed the following mask policy for volunteers in our children’s and youth ministries. Please reach out to any member of the consistory if you have any questions or comments.
– Any adult or youth who works directly in our children’s or youth ministries is required to wear a mask – over their nose and mouth – regardless of vaccination status. This is consistent with our existing masking policy for nursery volunteers and consistent with the latest recommendations from the Kent County Health Department.
– Children and youth, age Kindergarten and older, are also required to wear a mask, if medically able. This is also consistent with the latest recommendations by the Kent County Health Department (see attached). Children 2-4 years old are highly suggested to wear a mask, but not required.
We recognize that some youth and adults may not want to or may not be able to wear a mask. In such cases, we invite these individuals to participate in the ministry of New Ground in ways outside of our children’s and youth ministries at this time.
VALUES: Before reopening on-site worship gatherings, we agreed on several values that take priority in our decision making during the pandemic:
- We value the guidance of medical experts and government leaders.
- We value meeting in person.
- We value community with growth informed by the gospel, recognizing that can be done in a variety of mediums.
- We are aware of the perceived leadership role we play in the larger community.
- We value the protection of life, including the most vulnerable.
- We will not pressure others into making decisions about their comfort and safety.
- We seek to honor differing concerns and desires with respect to safety, reopening, etc. and approach our Christian brothers and sisters with gentleness, humility, and respect, as well as grace when we differ.
Below are current expectations and happenings regarding COVID-19 at New Ground Church (any bold are updated since May 30, 2021)
- If you feel sick, STAY HOME!
- Live Streaming of all worship gatherings on our YouTube and Facebook channels.
- Children’s Ministries from birth to 4th grade starting September 12, 2021.
- Youth Ministries from 5th-12th grade starting September 12, 2021
- Socially distanced seating, social distancing observed
- Assigned seating with COVID-positive response plan for those in attendance
- Sanitizer stations available
- Serving coffee, doughnuts, and bottled water, observing distancing and safety regulations
- We are not requiring masks to those who are fully vaccinated in our sanctuary during worship.
- We will still maintain socially distanced seating, whether one is masked or unmasked.
- We will have an appropriate seating section (Southeast corner currently) for those who are unvaccinated and/or those who still prefer to remain masked and separated from those who are unmasked.
To read our entire reopening plan, and to read our process for communicating COVID-positive tests for those in attendance, click the buttons below. If you have more questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.